Monday, January 11, 2010

Kumu.


This board is one of the first boards Sage ever made and he calls it Kumu which means teacher. Its a replica of an ancient hawaiian board made from a timber called Pink floss. I have had the pleasure of riding this board a few times now but what sealed the deal for me with this board was a day in Raglan at Indicators when Sage and I took out the Hot curl for it's maiden voyage it was about 6 to 7 foot and Sage was really ripping on the hot curl. I can remember trying to stroke into a few on Kumu and it seemed impossible but then everything came together and I timed it right on about a solid five footer. The belly on this board just sucked to the wave and I could not believe the control I had. I just remember flying down this wave double fist pumping, I was so stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment